How to reach us, media inquiries and resources
If you are homeless or in crisis and in need of assistance
The Trust does not operate shelters or provide emergency resources. Please see the information below.
- Check out this comprehensive directory of services. Once you locate your state, click on “Find Homeless Resources.”
- You can also get help by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone or by visiting 211.org . All calls are private and confidential and help is available in multiple languages, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Just for youth (under 25): The National Runaway Safeline offers free and confidential help by phone (1-800-786-2929), chat, or email.
- For Veterans: The National Call Center for Homeless Veterans offers free and confidential help by phone 1-877-4AID VET (1-877-424-3838) or chat.
- For anyone in danger of domestic violence: The Domestic Violence Hotline offers free and confidential help by phone at 1−800−799−SAFE (7233) or 1−800−787−3224 (TTY) or chat.
The Trust does not accept unsolicited applications for funding.
For media inquiries, questions about our website, or to pitch a story for our blog please contact Sarah Armour-Jones. For speaking engagements, please contact individual staff members via the Staff page.
The Melville Charitable Trust logo is for use by our grantee partners, members of the media, and event organizers for Trust approved events for the purpose of promoting the event. Click here to download our logos.