Secure Jobs EvaluationView
Strengthen Employment Outcomes
We support efforts to:
- improve the way education, job readiness, training, placement, and support organizations work together to reduce barriers to employment for low-skilled workers
- strengthen social enterprises that are successful in helping people who have experienced homelessness prepare for, find, and keep decent-paying jobs within thriving industries
- create better connections to employment for people served by rapid re-housing and re-entry initiatives
- Technical training and education provides employees with concrete skills to improve their eligibility for employment in a particular industry such as occupation-driven curriculum, practical application of skills learned, internships while in training, and work opportunities such as transitional jobs, and training to obtain licensees or certifications required for employment.
- Employer preparation and placement services helps employees with “soft skills” such as professionalism and communications and helps participants identify and apply to potential job opportunities.
- Support services connects employees to supports that help them overcome barriers to employment such childcare, transportation, housing, and substance abuse.
Resources & Learnings